The Coach Core apprenticeship scheme gives young people aged 16-24 the chance to become the next generation of inspirational coaches. Coach Core is a programme run by the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry for young people from communities who do not have access to traditional sports coaching opportunities.
During the year long course, the participants develop employment skills, gain accredited coaching qualifications and receive gold standards training from inspirational coaches.
The apprentice coaches learn “on the job” and throughout the programme they receive dedicated support from carefully selected mentors.
Coach Core aspires to make young people more employable and create a future generation of first class sports coaches who will be role models for other young people in their communities. Coach Core provides opportunities for young people who are not in higher education, employment or training and provides high quality vocational training required by employers.
Coach Core is coaching for sport and life. It is the future of sports coaching.
At its core at the following benefits:
- QUALIFICATIONS – Achieve qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
- OPPORTUNITY – You will be employed by an exciting and supportive employer but get to engage with other partners to gain even more experiences and opportunities.
- SUPPORT – Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
- GROW – Develop personal qualities such as leadership, confidence and responsibility alongside other young people who, like you, want to better themselves and their communities.
- DEVELOP – Practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
- INSPIRED – The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship