Joining Coach Core
Please note that applicants do not require any formal qualifications to apply for Coach Core, but to be eligible to apply for the programme, you must:
- Not already be in further education, employment or training.
- Be aged 16 – 24 years old on initial application.
- Be available to participate in a 2 day recruitment event.
- Provide at least one reference. This can be an individual from your school, college, place of work or sports club.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for sport.
- Be available to complete paid employment of 30 hours a week, for a period of up to 18 months.
Here are some top tips and info if you wish to apply:
- Be completely honest in your application. We will be asking for evidence and will check any information you give.
- Tell us about YOU! This programme wants to give young people an opportunity to succeed so we are looking for leaders, people who love sport and amazing stories NOT who is the smartest or the most qualified.
- The 2 day recruitment day will be mainly practical so be ready to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all times!
- We can take applications from 16-24 year olds that have had previous criminal convictions, but we will require you to be honest about this and speak to a member of the team (in confidence) when applying. Failure to do so may risk any offer of a place on the programme if successful.
COACH CORE BENEFITS
- QUALIFICATIONS! Achieve qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
- OPPORTUNITY! You will be employed by an exciting and supportive employer but get to engage with other partners to gain even more experiences and opportunities.
- SUPPORT! Access to regular mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry, including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
- GROW! Develop personal qualities such as leadership, confidence and responsibility alongside other young people who, like you, want to better themselves and their communities.
- DEVELOP! Gain practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
- INSPIRED! The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship.
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us to register for the location of your choice:
We are currently recruiting for Team Essex! If you want to be a part of Coach Core Essex, please fill out Coach Core Team Essex application form 2018 and send this back to Louise Voyce at Active Essex by Tuesday 31st July 2018.