Joining Coach Core
Please note that applicants do not require any formal qualifications to apply for Coach Core, but to be eligible to apply for the programme, you must:
- Not already be in further education, employment or training.
- Be aged 16 – 24 years old on initial application.
- Be available to participate in a 2 day recruitment event.
- Provide at least one reference. This can be an individual from your school, college, place of work or sports club.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for sport.
- Be available to complete paid employment of 30 hours a week for a full year.
Here are some top tips and info if you wish to apply – check out the Our Locations page for information on cities which are recruiting now!:
- Be completely honest in your application. We will be asking for evidence and will check any information you give.
- Tell us about YOU! This programme wants to give young people an opportunity to succeed so we are looking for leaders, people who love sport and amazing stories NOT who is the smartest or the most qualified.
- The 2 day recruitment day will be mainly practical so be ready to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all times!
- We can take applications from 16-24 year olds that have had previous criminal convictions, but we will require you to be honest about this and speak to a member of the team (in confidence) when applying. Failure to do so may risk any offer of a place on the programme if successful.
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us to register for the location of your choice: