The benefits of being an apprentice
Find out more how you can benefit from a Coach Core apprenticeship
All apprentices on Coach Core programmes in England gain the NVQ Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard qualification. This has been specifically designed by practitioners with extensive experience of the sport and leisure sector.
Still not convinced? Apprentices also receive:
- A consistent place of employment with a top sports/physical activity provider
- Additional coaching qualifications, including National Governing Body Awards
- Dedicated Coach Core modules, exploring a more holistic approach to coaching
- Mentoring from experienced, dedicated staff
- Coaching clinics and masterclasses from key sporting figures
- Access to events and opportunities not seen on any other programme.
Whilst on the Coach Core programme, all apprentices will be paid a minimum of National Apprenticeship Wage, which is currently £3.90 per hour. Apprentices aged 18+ at the time of sign up will be paid a minimum of National Apprenticeship Wage for the first 12 months, after which they are entitled to be paid National Minimum Wage, relevant to their age.
In addition to a regular salary, apprentices also benefit from the minimum of a level 2 coach Qualification plus additional CPD opportunities, equivalent to approximately £500 per young person.
The apprenticeship has had a massive impact. It's opened doors to things I didn't even know were available. Coach Core has been great, it set me up on the right path and gave me a clearer view of what is possible