What’s involved in being an employer
Taking on an apprentice can be confusing, but Coach Core want to make it as simple as possible for you to invest in extraordinary young people
The Coach Core Model
All of our project sites work with a consortium based model where ownership of the programme is given to the employers.
We work hard to select the right organisations to help shape and nurture the apprentices whilst also understanding that these young people will give so much back in the time they are with you.
From professional sports clubs to charities to community sports partnership networks, we have worked with a diverse range of partners that have different needs and aspirations for their apprentices in each of our locations but that have worked collaboratively to provide more training, experiences and opportunities for all involved than ever before.
Coach Core offer:
- Project management to help build the consortium and bring the right teams together
- High quality education, training and opportunities through our training provider and the network we create with you
- Funding to help pilot the project and creating future links so that the project can thrive long term
In return we ask that employers are
- Organisations that are committed to help young people gain employment and education through the best possible placements
- Provide ‘in kind’ donations of staff time, resources and training to benefit your apprentices and the wider group when required
- Willing to invest financially over time on the understanding of the short and long term benefits your apprentices and the Coach Core programme can bring.
My journey with Coach Core was a second chance at life for me. It gave me the motivation to build a career for myself. I've got so many ideas I can't wait to use in the future with sport
How much does it cost?
In England, the cost of hiring an apprentice for a period of 15 months is approximately £15,000. As Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all currently operate on a 12 month period, the costs can vary.
Up to a third of total costs can be drawn down by our training providers and includes training, resources and processes not available from other education services. We also help fund employers with the remaining costs such as apprentice salary to reflect our desire to support and develop young people who need the opportunity most. For a more detailed conversation on costs please get in touch.